Read Out Instrument
The PIAB LL and PIAB LLA load links can be used as a force transmitters for weighing and measuring tension forces. The PIAB LL and PIAB LLA are suitable as transmitters and overload guards, for overload protection and load indication. PIAB LL-Link without transducer amplifier has an output of approx. 1,7 mV/V. PIAB LLA-Link with built-in transducer amplifier has an output of 4-20mA.
PIAB LL-Link function
The tension force affecting the PIAB LL-Link is measured by means of strain gauges. Four gauges in a Wheatstone bridge are fed with a constant voltage. The output signal from the bridge is proportional to the force on the PIAB LL-Link. The transducer amplifier of the PIAB LLA amplifies and converts the signal to a current signal of 4-20mA which is resistant to interference. The amplified signal can be transmitted over distances of at least 500 m.
The signal can be connected to a PLC Programmable Logic Controller or to any PIAB Electronic Unit. The PIAB Electronic Units are provided with outputs for alarm and switch functions for indicators and signal processing.
- Accuracy: ± 0.15% of max. capacity
- Material: toughened steel, zink coated and white chromated
- Protection class: IP 67
- Temperature range: -20C – +70C
- Overload: 50% without affecting the accuracy
Technical data (LL model)
- Recommended input voltage 10 VDC
- Max input voltage 15 VDC
- Sensitivity 0-approx. 1,7 mV/V
- Transducer impedance in 380 ohm
- Transducer impedance out 350 ohm
- Repeatability ± 0,1% of the max. capacity
- Cable: 4m 6 x 0,5 mm” shielded cable.
Technical data (LLA model)
- Supply voltage 15-30 VDC
- Power consumption approx. 60 mA
- Output signal: 4-20 mA
- Cable 4 m 4 x 1.5 mm” unshielded cable